Thursday, February 26, 2009

Content Incoming

(Sorry if you tried to read the wall of text version. Blogger is so stupid sometimes.)

I suppose I should establish right away (yeah, right) what this blog is for.

This is not a "blog-blog." I don't just post any old thing in here. That's what my other blog is for. If you're looking for completely random humor or some such junk, that's where you look.

This is a blog about Power Rangers, Super Sentai, Masked/Kamen Rider, and any other cheap live action special-effects driven TV shows (or movies) that are at least theoretically aimed at children sometimes. And this blog, rather sadly for my mental health, perhaps, will try to take these subjects halfway seriously most of the time. Not to say I can't have fun doing it, though, and the sarcasm tags are likely to be enabled. (If I have some random Power Rangers/whatever humor urges, I probably will also express some of them here.)

As the title indicates, of course, the primary focus will be "Power Rangers proper," whatever the heck that means. It comes from a pet theory of mine involving the Power Rangers universe.

You see, there's a phenomenon in Power Rangers where, at insanely convenient times, a conveniently good-aligned character, power source, weapon, or Zord will show up without any warning whatsoever, or with a bare minimum of warning. Or there will be a character with access to incredible technology and knowledge, such that you can't believe that it was developed independently.

My convenient explanation is simply that Zordon has been sitting around in that doggoned magic tube for an awful darned long time, and it makes sense that he would have been burning all of that time productively instead of simply wasting it waiting for some stupid space dumpster to open. Ergo, all random stupid good things that happen in Power Rangers must therefore be a Backup Plan By Zordon(TM).

I decided this blog needed to be made rather than just thought about, by the way, because right now seems to be one of the most interesting times to be a PR fan. We have a Kamen Rider "dub" being produced over here, a long wait until the new season (which promises to be most interesting, whether good or just plain awful) starts, and a really retro and nice sentai coming out in Japan. I also need to vent (heh) my inner tokunerd to someone other than my sister, who seems to be sick of it.

And for those of you visiting me from my other blog who think "This guy likes Power Rangers? What a weirdo!" That's why I'm spinning the blog off, so you don't have to put up with it.

More information incoming when I feel like it. Ta ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment