Saturday, March 21, 2009

Weekly RPM Happy Rant

Still stupid. Still awesome.

In all seriousness, this is probably the best Power Rangers in terms of storytelling, mood, atmosphere, and so on ever. The only seasons that I can remember that approached it were PRiS and Time Force, pretty much the top two of my three favorite seasons (the other is SPD, mostly for the Zords and Rangers being super awesome, and the fact that the bad guys used naturally giant robots).

Ziggy is turning out to be a genuinely interesting character. I'm worrying that whatever it turns out he did is actually a noodle incident sort of thing, actually. Also, it's funny that they all think he's so pathetic, but he's still busting out all these crazy moves. (That spinny thing he did with his bag-wow.)

Also, Tenaya 7 is freaking awesome. They found a great-looking actress and gave her the most megalomaniacal "goon" personality ever, and then the Rangers lampshade it all over the place. It doesn't matter that she's as awesome as she is, Ziggy owned her. (My sister remarks that she sounds like a teeny bopper. Also, both of us agree that her costume looks kind of like a Cobra operative from GIJoe.)

Watching RPM is like watching an action movie, only more fun. The dialogue is much better than a lot of PR fare, the action is workable, and the characters and setup are (still) superb.

It occurred to me a bit later that if I were in the habit of swearing, I probably would have shouted "{expletive of your choice} yeah!" at least five or six times during the episode.

I'll try to step up the content a bit. I have been working on the blog, but they're fairly extensive things that will take time.

No comments:

Post a Comment